January 23, 2011
- Rice-1/2 kg (washed and soaked in water for half hour)
- Green Chilies-4 big (each cut into 2 lengthwise, remove seeds)
- Coriander Seeds-2 tbsp
- Fennel Seeds (sonf)-2 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds-2tbsp
- Salt-to taste
- Ghee-1/2 cup
- Water-as required
- Take a thin cloth and place crushed coriander and fennel seeds in it. Tie it and make a little pouch.
- Heat the oil in a pan adds that pouch, green chilies and cumin seeds. Fry for few seconds only otherwise the spices will burn very soon. Add water according to the quantity of rice.
- Add salt in it, when water start boiling then covers it with lid for 1 –2 minutes. It will help in mixing all flavors of spices in water.
- Now add rice and cook them on high flame. When water dries put the rice on dum for 8- 10 minutes covered on very low flame. Take out the pouch from rice before serving, which i always forget
- Serve hot with any gravy, kebab or raita.