Palak Paneer Gravy
February 4, 2011
- Spinach-1/2 kg
- Garlic/Ginger paste-1tbs
- Fresh Cream-1/2 cup
- Butter-2 tbsp
- Cottage Cheese-1 packet
- Crushed Cumin-1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala (all spices)-1/2 tsp
- Corn Flour-2 tbsp
- Salt-to taste
- Black and White Pepper-to taste
- Oil-2 to 3 tbsp
- Cut the spinach roughly, wash it and then put it in hot water (not boiling ).
- Cook it for 2-3 minutes, don’t over cook. It should be in green color, if you over cook it then color will change into black.
- Now grind the spinach with half cup of water in a grinder. It will look like a paste.
- Cut the cottage cheese in cubes and coat them with corn flour, deep fry them in hot oil for 20-30 seconds on until they are light golden in color.
- Heat oil and butter in a pan, add garlic and ginger paste, stir fry for 1 minute then add spinach paste in it.
- Add crushed cumin, salt and garam masala. Cook for 3- 5 minutes.
- Now add cream, black and white pepper in it. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add fried cheese cubes in it and pour the gravy in dish for serving.