Mutton White Karahi
January 6, 2011
- Mutton-1/2 kg
- Yogurt (beaten)-375 gm
- Green chilies (slit in 2 from center)-4-5
- Medium onion (finely sliced)-1
- Oil-1/2 cup
- Garlic and Ginger paste-2tbsp
- Ginger (julienne cut) -1 piece
- Fresh Coriander (chopped)-1/2 bunch
- Salt-to taste
- Crushed Cumin Seeds-1 tbsp
- Crushed Coriander Seeds-1 tbsp
- Crushed Black Pepper-1 tbsp
- Heat the pan containing oil and fry onions in it for 1-2 minutes.
- As the recipe is of white karahi therefore it should be noted that onions must not change their color.
- Fry them till they are little tender.
- Then add mutton and fry it. Now add garlic and ginger paste and keep stirring it.
- Cook it on high flame till all water of mutton dries up.
- Now lower the flame and cover it with a lid and let it cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Now add green chilies, salt, crushed cumin seeds, coriander seeds and black pepper.
- Mix it well and also pour 1 cup of water and yogurt as well.
- Again mix it, cover it and cook on low flame till mutton is tender. It will take at least 10-15 minutes.
- Once the mutton is well cooked and tendered, add ginger and fresh coriander along with it.
- Increase the heat and dry up the water.
- Your Mutton White Karahi is ready and can serve it with naan.