February 4, 2011
- Milk-1 liter
- Citric Acid-1 pinch(tatrey)
- Semolina-2 tbsp
- Coconut powder-1 cup
- Sugar-250 gm
- Milk powder-2 tbsp
- Screw pine (kewra)-1 tbsp
- Green and red food color-few drops
- Oil-for frying
- muslin cloth (malmal ka kapra)-1 meter
- Grated coconut-for garnishing
- Heat milk then in it add citric acid in order to curdle it. Put the curdled milk in a muslin cloth and let it hand so that excess water drains away.
- When all the water has been drained, place the milk blob on a cutting board. Add semolina, milk powder and screw pine to it and mix well with hands.
- Separate this mixture into two parts. Add red food color in one part and green in the other. Mix each part separately, till the colors get evenly distributed.
- Heat oil in a wok, make small rounds from both the mixtures and fry them till they turn golden.
- Make sugar syrup. Immerse these rounds in the syrup for 2 minutes.
- Take them out and roll them in a grated coconut. Keep them in a serving dish and serve.